Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring Break

I got back in town Sunday at 4 in the morning. This has to be the best spring break I have ever had! On Friday at 10 in the morning me and my mom went to pick up my aunt and my cousin. Then we were on our way to my aunts house in Ohio. It took around 2 hours to get there. We ate lunch at her house and then when my uncle got home from work he drove us all to the airport. It's a good thing my aunt has a big car because between the 5 of us we had so much luggage we could not even see out of the back of the car. We got to the airport and went through security and everything and then at 5 we boarded the plane. We got to LA at 7 which was 10 Michigan time. We were at LAX airport. I kept hoping I would see a celebrity but I didn't. We had to go on a bus to our hotel. We got to the hotel and ate dinner and then went to bed. We woke up early the next morning and had breakfast and then took a shuttle to the cruise docks. There we had to go through more security and then we just had to sit and wait. Finally we were allowed to board the boat. It was sooo big. We went to our rooms and then all met and had lunch. Then me and my cousin spent a few hours exploring the boat. There was a big sail away party so we went to that. We met our moms and aunt for dinner later and then we all went to a show. It was dancers and a comedian. It was really good. After dinner we went outside and saw 300 dolphins all swimming by our boat. It was pretty sweet! We sailed for 2 days to get to our first port. Sunday and Monday we had a lot of fun and did all sorts of activities on the boat. We went to comedy shows, midnight buffets, Spanish class, BINGO, movies, swimming, and tanned. On Tuesday morning we arrived in Puerto Vallerta. I had a lot of fun there. Our taxi driver was playing Gwen Stefani music and we were singing. But they are crazy there, there was no speed limits, or lights, or stop signs so the ride was kind of scary. We went shopping all day and had lunch at Si Senor. Then we got back on the boat to set sail for Mazatlan. We arrived there Tuesday. I liked that port the best. We shopped of course and then decided to take a tour. So we went to this place and booked a private tour with a man named Chuy. He was nice and I got to practice my Spanish. He took us all over Mazatlan in a big bus. We saw cliff divers, had Mexican ice cream, went to a flea market, meat market, fish market, beach, went on tours of houses and then went downtown to the oldest bakery and had empanadas. I got my hair braided on the beach. I was sad to leave Mazatlan! The next day we were in Cabo San Lucas. We shopped for only a little bit and then walked like 5 miles to a beach. We spent the rest of the day laying in the sun and having nachos. We decided to take a glass bottom boat tour. We went way in the middle of the ocean and saw sea lions and fish. We decided to take the boat back to the dock but my mom had a hard time getting back in and she almost fell in the ocean. it was pretty funny. We were only in Cabo till 1:30 so when we got back on the boat I went and saw Man of the Year. Then I had lunch. Later that night we all went and saw the Piano Man in the Princess Theater. It was really good. Friday I spent most of my day by the pool. At night we went to an Illusionist show and a comedy show. Our dinners were at 8 every night. That boat had the best food. I ate Alaskan king crab, octopus, shrimp, and lobster. It was very good! Saturday we had to get off the boat. I was very sad to go home. The week seemed to go by so fast. We got off around 11. We took a shuttle back to LAX. we ate lunch there and then got on the plane at 3:30. We got to Cleveland Airport at 11 and my uncle was there to pick us up. We all went back to my aunt and uncles house, he had dinner waiting for us. We left there house at one in the morning. We had a 2 hour drive back home. I talked for 2 straight hours so I could keep my mom awake while she was driving. We dropped my aunt and cousin at their house and then at 4 in the morning we were finally home. I'm tired but I had soooooo much fun. The only bad part is that I can't even spend today sleeping since evil teachers decide to give so much homework over break which is totally unfair. At least school over in like 3 weeks!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany12 said...

Thats sounded so much fun. I really wish I was there with you. I hope you had fun because now you have to come back to living in the real world